Headway on behalf of its client, a software and information technology consulting services firm, is looking for a skilled System Administrator to implement and administer Cloud and Network entities.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. The successful candidate should be able to diagnose and resolve technical issues in a timely manner, having also the perseverance to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
The position’s primary mission is a technology infrastructure that operates smoothly and efficiently.
- Responsible for configuration, maintenance and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Installation and upgrade of computer systems and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Technical Certification or BSc in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
- At least 2 years of proven experience as a Systems Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Linux servers’ setup/configuration, operation
- Basic IP routers/switches setup, operation
- IP Addressing design and implementation
- VPN network setup/operation
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
If you are interested in becoming part of our technology team, please submit your CV to email@example.com (reference quote: SYSADM0121).
All applications will be treated as confidential